Moving sale: Get 1 Iroshizuku ink bottle free with purchase of a Pilot Capless. Discoutn automatically applied at checkout when both items are added to cart. :)
To celebrate the 1964 Tokyo Summer Olympics, Pilot launched the first retractable fountain pen: the Capless, also known as the Vanishing Pointin North America.
This emblamatic and ingeniously designed pen is crafted from a brass laquered body with silver accents, and a 18K gold and rhodium nib, offerign and exceptional writing experience.
- Body colour: Black matte
- Nib colour: Black
- Body material: Brass
- Nib material: Gold 18K, black metal plated
- Dimensions: 5.6'' with nib retracted
- Weight: About 25 g (without cartridge or converter)
- 1 blue ink cartridge and 1 refillable reservoir included
- Please note: Pilot pens are compatible with Pilto brand cartridges only
- Please consult the instruction manual for proper use and care of your special retractable pen
- Please note: Japanese nibs tend to run finer than Western nibs. If you prefer a fine Western nib, we suggest a medium Japanese nib.
In 1915, Ryōsuke Namiki, a mechanical engineer and professor at the University of Marine Science and Technology in Tokyo, along with his colleague Masao Wada, founded a small fountain pen nib factory, the Namiki Manufacturing Company. Three years later Pilot emerged from this endeavour. With is vast line of quality writing instruments, Pilot quickly became, and remians to this day, one of the most popular pen companies world-wide.