Did you know that in addition to being a stationery shop, Nueva Era is also a micro-café?
We are very happy to offer you private or group lessons (6 people maximum) in espresso preparation and latte art!
This course is for beginners as well as coffee enthusiasts. :)
A reduced cost is available for Indigenous, Black, and People of Color individuals using the code: BIPOC
During this training, taught by Nicole, you will discover how to prepare an espresso, the steps to follow to properly steam the milk and a few recipes for creating different drinks with a professional espresso machine.
We will taste some coffee together and discuss its aromas and flavors. Then you will have the opportunity to practice and prepare some drinks behind the machine.
We will provide coffee, oat milk and all the necessary equipment for the experience!
All participants will also get a 10% discount on all stationery products at regular price, as well as on bags of coffee beans.
The training lasts approximately 2 hours and is offered in French or English.
Please read the following before booking a training:
- Reduced cost training is available only for BIPOC ( Indigenous, Black or People of Color) in solidarity
- This training is reserved for people aged 18 and over.
- The training is non-refundable . To change the date of your reservation, please notify us 24 hours in advance by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (514) 277-5588
- There is no bathroom on site, but we are located less than 5 minutes walking from the Marc-Favreau Library where facilities are accessible during training hours.
- There are several stairs to enter and move about the shop
I have over 10 years of experience in the specialty coffee industry. I'm originally from California, where I worked as a barista while in college before moving to Montreal and working with local roasters as a manager and trainer.
I taught at the Montreal Coffee Academy and won 2nd place in the 2020 National Tasting Championship hosted by the Specialty Coffee Association.
I am passionate about coffee and I want to inspire people to deepen their knowledge of specialty coffee in a warm and non-judgmental environment.