Kakuno is a cute fountain pen created by the Japanese brand Pilot. Originally designed for children, it eventually gained popularity with adults venturing into the world of fountain pens for the very first time.
Its body, made of recycled plastic, has been designed to offer a comfortable grip. Its nib is made of steel and displays a cute little smile; something to brighten up your writing moments!
- Pen color: Pale violet & white
- Nib color: Silver
- Body Material: 85% recycled plastic
- Nib material: Steel
- Dimensions: 5.2'' with the cap closed, 6.3'' with the cap posted and 5'' without the cap
- Weight: Approx. 11g (without cartridge and reservoir)
- Comes with a black ink cartridge
- We suggest: A reusable reservoir that will allow you to use ink bottles instead of single-use cartridges, find it here.
- Pilot fountain pens are only compatible with Pilot ink cartridges.
In 1915, Ryōsuke Namiki, a mechanical engineer and professor at the University of Marine Science and Technology in Tokyo, quit his job and, together with his colleague Masao Wada, founded a small factory to manufacture gold nibs for fountain pens, which they named Namiki Manufacturing Company. Three years later, Pilot was born.
With its wide range of writing instruments, Pilot has quickly become one of the best and most popular pen companies on the market.