The Pilot Metropolitan fountain pen is perfect for those who prefer a classic minimalist design.
- Body colour: Black matte
- Nib colour: Silver
- Body material: Aluminium
- Nib material: Stainless steel
- Dimensions: 5.4'' cap closed, 6'' cap posted et 4.9'' capless
- Weight: About 27 g (without converter or cartridge)
- 1 squeeze converter & 1 ink cartridge included
- Please note:
- Pilot pens are compatible with Pilot brand ink cartridges only (a converter may be used with any ink brand).
- Japanese nibs tend to run smaller than Western nibs. If you prefer a fine Westerne nib, a medium Japanese nib would be similar.
In 1915, Ryōsuke Namiki, a mechanical engineer and professor at the University of Marine Science and Technology in Tokyo, quit his job and, together with his colleague Masao Wada, founded a small factory to manufacture gold nibs for fountain pens, which they named Namiki Manufacturing Company. Three years later, Pilot was born. With its wide range of writing instruments, Pilot has quickly become one of the best and most popular pen companies on the market.